Newzealand Study Visa

Each year, an increasing number of students are turning towards New Zealand to pursue higher education courses due to a variety of reasons. From being home to a number of top class Universities to being a familiar name among the Indians, there are a lot of reasons that make New Zealand a top choice among the Indian students.

In order to obtain a New Zealand study visa, you need to fulfill the following requirements –

  • You must have an offer to pursue the course of your choice from an educational institution in the country which is duly approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority
  • A written document from the institution or a person guaranteeing that there is an accommodation available for you in the country. This clause is obligatory only if the applicant of the student visa is below 18 years of age
  • A proof showing that you have enough financial support to sustain your stay in New Zealand during your course
  • Either an already bought return ticket or enough funds required to buy a return ticket to your country
  • If you plan to spend more than six months in the country, you would also be tested for Tuberculosis as a part of your student visa application
  • If you are 17 years old and wish to stay in New Zealand for a period of not less than 2 years, you would also need to submit a character certification from the police, indicating that you hold a good character
  • For any course whose duration is 3 months or less, no student visa is required. In such a case, all you would need is a visitor visa to New Zealand
  • If you are participating in an exchange program, you can apply for the student visa for the same time period as the duration of your program. For this, you would need to submit a health and character certificate. If you are traveling to New Zealand on the working holiday scheme, you can take up multiple courses provided that the combined duration of all the courses that you take up isn’t more than 6 months.
  • If you are a temporary work visa holder in New Zealand and you wish to bring your children along to New Zealand for their school education, you would need to apply for their student visa too. Holding a student visa would make them eligible to be treated as domestic students in the primary and secondary schools in New Zealand
  • Without holding a student visa, they would only be able to attend school for a maximum of 2 weeks as a domestic student and for a maximum period of 3 months as an International student by paying the required fee.
  • If you wish to stay and work in New Zealand once your course get over, you would need either a Post Study Work Visa (Open) or a Post Study Work Visa (Employer Assisted).
Contact Us
Tel : +91 7989905007

Let Us know What You Want ?